11/3
Back updating this thing...this one should be short.
Let´s start with a bang. Name of my blog...Pretty sure there are no bears here. WRONG! There was a bear sighting in my Park. I just can´t seem to escape these things. Explanation:
Tuesday 10/27. I run into this dude just ¨happening¨ to be filming a documentary in my park. Any guesses, he´s got the headphones on in the front seat???
It is kind of hard, because the director wouldn´t let me get a good picture of him, cuz he´s like famous duuude. So famous he sits in a helicopter while everyone else stands...Any guesses?
Yeah, you still can´t tell.

Shoot...Well, it´s....Bear Gryll´s -- Man v. Wild. Happened to run into him shooting scenes for an episode in my park (they were actually lost go figure) of Man v. Wild Guatemala which will air in January. Sweeet! My Guatemalan co-workers were more excited about the helicopter than seeing a dude who´s drank his own urine. Weak... And no, this show ain´t hardcore. Homeboy left in a fancy helicopter.
To normal stuff -- I have been back now for about 2 weeks in Guatemala, and it´s been very refreshing. I will admit, it was very nice to get back to the comforts of Cali, and I had an absolute blast at the wedding. I will, however, note that I regret not being able to talk to many people that night. I guess that is typical of weddings though. If I didn´t speak with you, I´m sorry.
Some stuff I have been doing since I got back....
Threw a killer surprise birthday party at my house for my buddy Pancho. Here´s a picture when we tossed his head in the cake.
Saw this little fella in my park the other day
A cool shot of the former Park director cutting wood for our BBQ the day we saw a Bear.
Also climbed a tree covered in moss, that´s all of us standing in a hundred+ year old tree
Still continue to guide volunteers up the volcano...COME!...yes those are volcanoes in the background
Helped a group of students construct a fence in an elementary school so kids don´t fall about 15 feet down to the concrete.
Me cutting metal for the fence
I felt like Greg Mortenson in 3 Cups of Tea, riding into the school in the back of a pickup with 6 Guatemalans and materials to build a school, only the school was built and we just built a fence and planted some flowers...oh well
...And lastly I got a dog, or better yet a puppy. A pure Siberian husky, white with eyes as blue as Lake Tahoe. How romantic. So what did I name it? You got it...Tahoe.
Remember how Jesse (or Yessy) got turned into Yessica. My poor little dog has been around for a week and these little kids are already saying TACO...Fantastic.
That´s a wrap. Enjoy those hot showers.
I like reading about your adventures. Keep it coming. your buddy, Mr Palia
ReplyDeleteFesta...you are awesome.
ReplyDelete